2011 Hybrid Scorecard
UCS’s 2011 hybrid scorecard investigates the hybrid options on the market and the key factors that determine the fuel efficient bang for your buck. For our newest analysis of hybrid and electric vehicle technology, visit the UCS Blog, the Electric Vehicle Timeline, and our virtual tour of 2013 auto shows.
How to Use the Hybrid Scorecard
- Identify what you're really paying for in a hybrid vehicle.
- Look past the hybrid label to see if hybrid technology is truly being used to maximize reductions in both global warming and smog-forming emissions.
- Get the best environmental "bang for your buck."
- Find out which hybrid models have extra "bells and whistles" that artificially increase the price of the vehicle.
- Learn more About the Scorecard and the Scorecard Methodology.
- Why is there no Chevy Volt on the Scorecard?
Hybridcenter.org, your one-stop shopping for the consumer and technological information you need to understand how hybrid technology fits into your personal and environmental priorities, and how you can help drive the hybrid market in the greenest, most efficient direction. HybridCenter.org is a project of Union of Concerned Scientists.